Re: VIA Serial ATA chipset

From: Misha Nasledov
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 17:38:54 EST

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 08:48:25AM +0200, Daniela Engert wrote:
> Ok, fine. This device should work at least in generic PCI IDE busmaster
> mode - even at full speed because of SATA.

Do I need to enable anything specific? I realized that I had neglected
to get the proper SATA power cable, so I just got one and I plugged in
my new SATA drive. There is no indication in my dmesg of any SATA
chipset or any connected SATA drives. I have the "Generic IDE
chipsets" option enabled, along with the PDC2026XX IDE card and the
VIA82CXXX chipset.
--
Misha Nasledov
misha@xxxxxxxxxxxx