Re: C99 Initialisers

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 19:21:51 EST

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:02:03 -0400 Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| Greg KH wrote:
| > In the end, it's up to the maintainer of the driver what they want to
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| > do. So, Jeff and David, here's a patch against the latest 2.6.0-test3
| > tg3.c that converts the pci_device_id table to C99 initializers. If you
| > want to, please apply it.

I strongly agree with Greg's comment above.

| it expands a few lines to a bazillion :( I would rather leave it as
| is... you'll find several PCI ethernet drivers with pci_device_id
| entries that fit entirely on one line, and I think that compactness has
| value at least to me.

However, I would change for readability. Maybe not my readability,
but for all others who read and try to help maintain all of Linux
source code.

--
~Randy For Linux-2.6, see:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/davej/misc/post-halloween-2.5.txt