Re: Linux 2.6 doesn't like Rhythmbox

From: in7y118
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 10:05:05 EST

Quoting Felipe Alfaro Solana <felipe_alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Don't blame anyone still... There's still ongoing kernel scheduler work.
> Please, try the latest -mm patches on top of 2.6.0-test3. You will find
> them at ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches.
>
> Experiment with 2.6.0-test3-mm1 to see if it still shows the behaviour
> you described.

I tried it. -test3-mm1 works perfectly fine with Rhythmbox. X was a bit slow to
update sometimes under heavy load, but I guess that's known.
Stock -test3 showed the same bda behaviour as -test2 though.

The only thing I don't want is users telling me my apps suck. So I thought
alerting would be better than waiting for distributions to ship those kernels.

Thanks
Benjamin