Re: IDE bug - was: Re: uncorrectable ext2 errors

From: Jan Niehusmann
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 17:45:00 EST

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:21:26AM +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> Jan, did removing offending lines from pdc202xx_old.c help?

Ok, now I tried a kernel without the
"hwif->addressing = (hwif->channel) ? 0 : 1" line in pdc202xx_old.c,
and yes, now the 160GB drive works without aliasing parts above 137GB
back to the beginning of the drive.

Some simple tests (reading and writing a few 100MB of data) didn't show
any nasty side effects. If you want me to do additional tests, please
tell me. At the moment the drive doesn't contain any data, so I can even
try dangerous things.

Jan