Re: 2.6.0-test3-mm2, and my no audio whine, updated

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 09:53:11 EST

Greetings;

I guess we can forget about parts of my "no audio" whine. It turns
out there are alsa options in the "make menuconfig" that somehow are
not in "make xconfig". Hint...

I turned on what I thought was the right stuff, and was greeted by the
drum solo when I started kde just now. So at least kde can make
noises now.

However, xawtv and gnomeradio are still mute, gnomeradio complaining
about not being able to access /dev/radio, and xawtv silently exiting
after the launch timeout. Do I need to relink those devices in /dev?
If so, what to, or to what as the case may be?

Also, FYI, I had to turn the APIC stuff completely off in the .config
in order to get rid of that "I found it & turned it on" message in
dmesg. It was ignoreing, or reporting no such option when noapic or
pci=noapic was appended to the kernel arguments line in grub.conf.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M