Re: Via KT400 agpgart issues

From: dleonard
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 13:36:20 EST

For my geforce3 and geforce4 I didn't notice anything odd about using the
KT400 chipset in spite of agpgart not fully supporting it.

For my fx5800 I actually *had* to use the nvidia agp driver to get
anything other than console mode to function. Now it could be that I just
needed to drop the AGP rate to 4x in bios but frankly I didn't think of
that option until I'd already switched to using the nvidia code. The
nvidia agp code has been behaving quite well under 2.4.20 and 2.4.22-pre*
for me.

--

<Douglas Leonard>
<dleonard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>