Re: Trying to run 2.6.0-test3

From: Russell King
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 05:19:25 EST

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 05:11:42PM +0900, Norman Diamond wrote:
> 1. Although both yenta and i82365 are compiled in, my 16-bit NE2000 clone
> isn't recognized. If I boot kernel 2.4.19 I can use the network, if I
> boot kernel 2.6.0 I can't find any way to use the network. Partial output
> of various commands and files are shown below.

As a general rule, you should be using yenta not i82365. There have
been some historical problems when you build both into the kernel,
so you might like to try disabling i82365.

I don't see any sign of cardmgr starting up in your message logs, and
cardmgr is still required to tell the kernel which resources it can
use, and to bind the driver to the device.

Start cardmgr and it should work.

--
Russell King (rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) The developer of ARM Linux