Re: Via KT400 agpgart issues

From: Dave Jones
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 06:13:16 EST

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 08:59:03AM +0100, Mark Watts wrote:

> I thought the KT400 chipset (at least) had been backported to 2.4.21 ?

Only for AGP2.x mode.

> I'm not experiancing any technical problems. The nvidia /proc interfaces are
> reporting that I'm running at agp 8x

if its using its own agpgart routines, maybe. If it isn't, it's broken,
or lying.

> , and I have full hardware acceleration
> enough to play games like Unreal Tournament 2003 quite fast (~50fps), its
> just that agpgart cant find my aperature size...

which happens when agpgart tries to read the AGP2.x size, when the
chipset is in 3.x mode.

> I just tried my vendors (mandrake) 2.4.22 kernel and I get exactly the same
> output.

No vendor that I know of has backported the AGP3 support it its
entirity. The closest to a backport so far is the trainwreck that
is the ATI FireGL drivers.

Dave

--
Dave Jones http://www.codemonkey.org.uk