Re: Input issues - key down with no key up

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 08:37:59 EST

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> > Several laptops seem to send a key down event 3, 5 or very many times
>
> One way this could be handled fairly nicely (although the method is
> maybe too clever to be good) would be to leave the autorepeat up to the
> sw, ignore any successive presses without a release and watch whether
> the keyboard will start autorepeating the key after 250 msec. If it does
> not, then force the key to be released even if we got no release
> scancode.

Perhaps it's too clever, because some users configure the repeat delay
in their BIOS to longer than 250ms.

It is fine if you are able to reliably program the keyboard to use the
250ms delay, though.

Aren't there some keys which report DOWN and UP but which don't repeat?

The PS/2 keyboard protocol is utterly absurd.

-- Jamie