Initramfs confusion

From: Garrett Kajmowicz
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 18:47:24 EST

I am just begining to test out 2.6 with an eye on use by X-terminals without
hard drives or NFS. As such I am quite enthusiastic about initramfs. After
much stumbling around I created a root image that I would like to test,
compiled into kernel and created image.

I am doing testing under VMWare with 2.88 MB floppy images (for testing
purposes), but lilo is barfing trying to write to a regular file as a raw
device (doesn't know how to handle device 0x0700).

I cannot use a real floppy because I do not have any 2.88 MB floppies

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Garrett Kajmowicz
gkajmowi@xxxxxxxxxxx