Re: [RFC] Re: Blender profiling-1 O16.2int

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 08:05:22 EST

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:52, Max Hailperin wrote:
> ... I do have some ideas about how to progress with this (some Mike
> has suggested to me previously), but so far most of them involve
> some detriment to the interactive performance on other apps. So I'm
> appealing to others for ideas.

> I suggest you put a small limit on the number of times that a task can
> be requeued onto the active array before it needs to go to the expired
> array. -max

Thanks; I appreciate your comments. That's what's currently in place at the
moment, and the lower the number of requeues the less it starves...
Unfortunately, this also means that the shorter it takes a real interactive
task to expire as well. This is the theme I'm currently working on though, as
the starver gets rescheduled ahead of anything else and I've developed a way
of letting other tasks sneak in ahead if it starts doing that. It needs more
tuning but seems to work so far.

Cheers,
Con