Re: 2.6 - sysfs sensor nameing inconsistency

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 11:54:36 EST

On Saturday 16 August 2003 20:50, Greg KH wrote:
> > > I like this idea, but now that the name logic has changed in the i2c
> > > code, care to re-do this patch? Just set the name field instead of
> > > creating a new file in sysfs.
> >
> > something like attached patch? I like it as well :)
>
> Why rename local variables? Your patch would be a lot smaller if you
> just keep the same local name variable, and fix up the name strings.

To make it clear for anyone porting other drivers that we are using type_name
and not client_name or whatever. In 2.4 every driver have both; mixing name,
type_name and client_name will just add to confusion.

I will redo patch if you insist but I really prefer having things consistent
if possible.

thank you

-andrey