Re: 2.6 - sysfs sensor nameing inconsistency

From: Greg KH
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 17:24:12 EST

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 08:49:57PM +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

> > > something like attached patch? I like it as well :)
> >
> > Why rename local variables? Your patch would be a lot smaller if you
> > just keep the same local name variable, and fix up the name strings.
> >

> To make it clear for anyone porting other drivers that we are using type_name
> and not client_name or whatever. In 2.4 every driver have both; mixing name,
> type_name and client_name will just add to confusion.

No, we don't need both a "type_name" and a "client_name" anymore, right?
So it's just a simple "name" for the i2c client device. "type_name" is
handled by the name of the client driver now.

> I will redo patch if you insist but I really prefer having things consistent
> if possible.

I prefer having things make sense :)
So yes, I'd prefer if you change your patch.

I've cced the sensors mailing list to get any feedback from them.

thanks,

greg k-h