RE: ASUS PR-DLSW: ACPI Bugs

From: Erich Stamberger
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 20:26:31 EST

Hello,

many thanks for your interest.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Brown, Len wrote:

> See that you've got the latest BIOS -- Asus's web page advertises 1008:
> http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=PR-DLSW

That is what I already have (ASUS PR-DLSW ACPI BIOS Revision 1008).

> If acpi=off is still required to boot, then file a bug at
> http://bugzilla.kernel.org category=Power Management; Component=ACPI;
> Owner=len.brown@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Then I'll ask you:
> 1. can you try the latest 2.6 kernel -- it has slightly newer ACPI code.
> 2. can you attach the output of acpidmp:
> http://developer.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/downloads/pmtools-200107
> 30.tar.gz
> 3. can you attch the output of dmidecode:
> http://www.nongnu.org/dmidecode/

Tried kernel 2.6.0-test3-bk6. Still needs acpi=ht or acpi=off to boot,
so I filed a bug report and placed all the files you requested on
http://gewi.kfunigraz.ac.at/~eberger/pr-dlsw/

If you need more info, please let me know.

Best regards
Erich