Re: scheduler interactivity: timeslice calculation seem wrong

From: Eric St-Laurent
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 00:08:22 EST

> There's a scheduler implementation dating pre 1970 that does this and I am led
> to believe someone is working on an implementation for perhaps 2.7

The first implementation is in 1962 with CTSS if i remember correctly.
Multics initially had something like that too.

http://www.multicians.org/mult-sched.html

Anyway that's pretty standard CS stuff. Multi-level Queues with
feedback, exponentially longer timeslices with lower priority.

I was reading this recently, that's why i wondered why linux calculate
timeslice "inversed" versus what is proposed in theory.