Re: Input issues - key down with no key up

From: Vojtech Pavlik
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 06:55:54 EST

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:40:24PM +1000, Neil Brown wrote:
> On Monday August 18, vojtech@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > How about this patch? It tries to be a bit clever, but hopefully not too
> > much ...
> >

> Uhmm.. mixed.
>
> It behaved REALLY strangly until I fixed these typoes:
>
> > + mod_timer(&atkbd->timer,
> > + (test_bit(atkbd->keycode[code], &atkbd->dev.key)
> > + ? HZ/30 : HZ/4) + HZ/100);
>
> should be
>
> > + mod_timer(&atkbd->timer, jiffies +
> > + (test_bit(atkbd->keycode[code], atkbd->dev.key)
> > + ? HZ/30 : HZ/4) + HZ/100);

Thanks for spotting that! I originally had "!test_bit" there, and then
removed the ! and forgot to swap the conditional values.

> Then it sort-of worked - my problem keys gave nice up/down
> transitions.

Good to know. I'll test the rest on my keyboards here.

> However the hardware autorepeat and the software autorepeat seemed to
> interfere with each other and auto-repeat was rather erratic.

Yep, you'll need to make the software autorepeat settings longer.
They're HZ/4 and HZ/33 now, and need to be bigger than the in the above
fixed statement.

> More of a problem was that control and shift would auto-repeat, and

This is normal.

> would often appear to be "up" when I was holding them "down", so
> control-X keys strokes were not reliable.

Hmm, this is bad. I thought the code shouldn't be able to cause this (I
tried to make it so), I'll try to fix it.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR