Re: 2.4.22-pre lockups (now decoded oops for pre10)

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 09:33:24 EST

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:12:43AM +0200, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> Besides the favourite test box I have others (already mentioned in this thread)
> - SMP with completely different hw - where I can make 2.4.21 and above crash,
> too.

Did you post any backtrace for those other boxes yet? It would be
especially useful if you could demonstrate the same random mm corruption
with different ram/motherboard/cpus (I mean all of them different), if
the devices are the same that's ok (since it could be a software bug in
a driver).

At the moment I doubt a bug in the common code since AFIK you are the
only one running into this sort of corruption and at the very least I
can't trigger it here (OTOH maybe it triggers with only one certain
application).

(just for clarity: with my previous posts I didn't mean it's not a
software bug, I only wanted to point out that with the current info we
cannot exclude completely an hardware issue yet)

Andrea