Re: 2.6.0-test3-mm3

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 02:53:46 EST

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 01:38:34AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.0-test3/2.6.0-test3-mm3/
> . More CPU scheduler changes
> . The regression with reaim which was due to the CPU scheduler changes
> seems to have largely gone away, but it was never a large effect in my
> testing. Needs retesting please.
> . A series of Cardbus driver updates.

Looks good. There are some ACPI bits to clean up after, but with the
preliminary ACPI workarounds and the cyclone timer one-liner, 16x/64GB
x440's come up and run userspace just fine with XKVA enabled (haven't
bothered with NUMA-Q since the setup there is inconvenient for others).
I think it was all wrapped up by the combination of the pmd and TSS
fixes (at least to get these boxen going).

-- wli