autofs and namespaces

From: Tim Hockin
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 17:28:25 EST

For lack of clear insight into this, I thought I might put this out for opinions.

We're examining autofs and issues customers are having with it. One of the issues that came up during discussions of things we can do is namespaces.

Does anyone have any ideas how namespaces and autofs ought to play together? There are some obvious answers, but it seems to me that they might not be correct.

Anyone out there want to throw some ideas out? We can just ignore it, but that isn't exactly nice. What we really need is some guidance on what kind of sematics are "correct".

Tim

--
Tim Hockin
Systems Software Engineer