Re: Input issues - key down with no key up

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 07:50:51 EST

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 01:37:34PM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> > Etc. Set 3 is a pain. Nobody wants it, except the people who have read
> > the spec only and say - look, neat, a single code for a single keystroke.
>
> Plus the symmetry of keys -- no more strange behaviour of "special" keys.

On my BTC keyboard, the macro key produces e0 6f in Set 3, yes, two scancodes.
On my Safeway keyboard, the multimedia keys do not produce any scancode
at all in Set 3. The same holds for my Compaq Easy Access Keyboard.
The correspondence between Set 2 codes and Set 3 codes varies from
keyboard to keyboard.
Things are not pretty in reality.
Only on paper, and only if you disregard all "new" keys.