Re: CPU boot problem on 2.6.0-test3-bk8

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 16:11:47 EST

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 08:28:08AM -0700, Dave Hansen wrote:
> It looks like you booted 20 processors, successfully.
> You have 5 "Geniune" cpus and 16 "Xeon" cpus. Are you using plain
> summit, or generic arch support?

AFAICT the only way we can see that is if we kick the same ones twice.
Using max_cpus= the exact number of cpus you have or CONFIG_NR_CPUS=
the exact number of cpus you have will get testers able to boot until
it's fixed.

It shouldn't be too hard to find the faulty code; all 5 "Genuine"
entries are bogus and alias the entries we actually want (the Xeons).

-- wli