Re: Running SMP 2.4.21 #2 SMP Kernel on single processor : MemoryLeakage?

From: Dan Kegel
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 12:36:22 EST

Mehmet Ali Suzen wrote:
I am running RedHat Linux 9 Linux 2.4.21 SMP ...

Then you should contact a Red Hat Linux forum for support.

it was a compiled kernel.

Ah, if you were running a kernel.org kernel, apologies.

I am running RedHat Linux 9 Linux 2.4.21 SMP and memory usage is increasing regularly even if no heavy service like (radiusd,mysqld, httpd, named) is not
running. After some time I get Out of Memory messages and system hungs!

It sounds stupid but we are running single cpu.
Would it be possible to have a memory leakage due to SMP operations? Board is Intel Server Board SE7501BR2

I haven't seen the problem you describe, so I'm shooting in
the dark, but:

How long does the problem take to occur after boot?
What kind of load are you putting on the system?
Have you checked the output of ps and /proc/slabinfo to
look for obvious bloats?

- Dan
--
Dan Kegel