Re: Race condition in 2.4 tasklet handling (cli() broken?)

From: TeJun Huh
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 12:45:51 EST

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 05:56:04PM +0200, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:13:15 +0900
> TeJun Huh <tejun@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello, Stephan.
> >
> > The race conditions I'm mentioning in this thread are not likely to
> > cause real troubles. The first one does not make any difference on
> > x86, and AFAIK bh isn't used extensively anymore so the second one
> > isn't very relevant either. Only the race condition mentioned in the
> > other thread is of relvance if there is any :-(.
>
> Are you sure? bh is used in fs subtree to my knowledge ...

Wow, I'm not sure. Because our application is mostly concerned with
network and raw DISK I/O, I haven't been paying attention to fs codes.
If bh can be problematic, I'll try to rethink about the bh
synchronization and make a patch tomorrow, probably another one or two
liner. First thing tomorrow.

--
tejun