Re: [ACPI] Invalid PBLK length for athlon XP-M on Asus laptop

From: Daniele Venzano
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 15:08:31 EST

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 06:34:23PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > [.....]
> > ACPI: Fan [FAN0] (on)
> > acpi_processor-1626 [30] acpi_processor_get_inf: Invalid PBLK length [5]
>
> This is a bug in your ACPI bios, you need a vendor update. We tried
> fixing this but it broke a number of laptops, so we had to revert it.

I already have the latest bios according to Asus site.
I sent a complain to Asus support, we'll see...

Those fixes can still be found somewhere ? I'd like to play with them.

> > NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
> > acpi_processor_perf-0104 [28] acpi_processor_get_per: Unsupported address space [127] (control_register)
> > cpufreq: No CPUs supporting ACPI performance management found.
>
> That means that you need a non-acpi driver for perf throttling. Did you
> try enabling some of the other cpufreq drivers?

I tried with the P-state driver compiled in with the Athlon driver, or
only with the Athlon driver without P-state. The result is the same,
when I try to set a governor through sysfs the system freezes and a
hard reset is required.
However without P-state driver the above message disappers.

So I'm getting neither scaling or throttling... it's not much a surprise
that the battery was discharging at that rate...