Re: Night builds.

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 06:58:42 EST

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 05:43:38AM +0400, John Newbie wrote:
> Hi guys!
> Is there any night builds farm for Linux project?
> As far as I know many sw companies (even ms) have such. It greatly help to
> hunt and collect BUGs.
> I think it is very easy to write apropriate scripts (or software) to do
> regular builds and testing.
> Correct me if I am wrong - most of the bug-reports are from
> geeks/sysadmins/developers.
> Why not to use automation provided by computers?
>
> If my idea is bad (or discussed earlier) just skip it.

John Cherry from OSDL has something like you propose.
It build each night + for each release.
Only releases are followed with extensive documentation (log's).

Go via http://www.osdl.org | Lab Activities | Linux kernel stability
to find it.
There is also links to other similar efforts for other architectures.

Sam