Re: Linux 2.4.22-rc3 (retry)

From: Aschwin Marsman
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 22:23:56 EST

Retry, the mail that I sent yesterday didn't appear on the list...

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

> Here goes -rc3, with several fixes. The ACPI changes should fix most of
> well known ACPI issues: Please test it.

ACPI was working well (powerdown) until 2.4.22-rc2 but was disabled for my
bios in 2.4.22-rc3 because of the date of the bios. By using the suggested
acpi=force powerdown works again.

Is there a list of known broken/working BIOS versions, because the bios
for the ASUS CUBX-L is working (for my use of ACPI)?

Aug 24 05:29:40 quinten kernel: ACPI disabled because your bios is from 2000 and too old
Aug 24 05:29:40 quinten kernel: You can enable it with acpi=force
Aug 24 05:29:40 quinten kernel: ACPI: RSDP (v000 ASUS ) @ 0x000f5a90
Aug 24 05:29:40 quinten kernel: ACPI: RSDT (v001 ASUS CUBX-L 0x30303031 MSFT 0x31313031) @ 0x3ffec000
Aug 24 05:29:40 quinten kernel: ACPI: FADT (v001 ASUS CUBX-L 0x30303031 MSFT 0x31313031) @ 0x3ffec080
Aug 24 05:29:40 quinten kernel: ACPI: BOOT (v001 ASUS CUBX-L 0x30303031 MSFT 0x31313031) @ 0x3ffec040
Aug 24 05:29:40 quinten kernel: ACPI: DSDT (v001 ASUS CUBX-L 0x00001000 MSFT 0x0100000b) @ 0x00000000

> This is the last -rc I hope.

Everything is working as aspected, nothing prevents me from living on
the edge.

> Detailed changelog below
>
> Summary of changes from v2.4.22-rc2 to v2.4.22-rc3
>
> <len.brown:intel.com>:
> o ACPI update
> o ACPI build fix
> o linux-acpi-2.4.22.patch