Re: Input issues - key down with no key up

From: John Bradford
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 03:35:02 EST

^^^^^^
What does that do?

> I'll give you a kernel/module option to disable the forced up effect if
> you have a perfect keyboard. You can then also enable the untranslated
> mode and set 3. But the default will be translated set 2 with forced
> keyups if a key is not repeating.

Exactly - code to accomodate any PS/2 keyboard that doesn't do
untranslated set 3 is a workaround, in my opinion. People with
perfect keyboards should be able to benefit from the simplicity they
allow. Obviously 'set 2 + workarounds' needs to be the default,
because of the hardware in existance, but there is still an advantage
to using set 3 where possible.

John.