Re: Race condition in 2.4 tasklet handling (cli() broken?)

From: TeJun Huh
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 19:27:29 EST

Hello Stephan,

I'm sorry but I don't have much idea. That looks like a deadlock on
io_request_lock, which I think is very unlikely, or maybe another cpu
got io_request_lock and hung. I've also found out that the bh race I
thought I found didn't exist due to the order of spin_trylock() and
hardirq_trylock() tests in bh_action(). So, only the first
irq_enter() related race is valid. I've been trying to reproduce your
kernel hang condition with reiserfs and nfs from yesterday without
success.

--
tejun