Re: 2.6.0-test4 and /etc/modules.conf

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 14:17:22 EST

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 17:48, Michal Semler (volny.cz) wrote:

> I have in /etc/modules.conf defined which modules to use. 2.4.22 uses it well,
> but 2.6.0-test4 doesn't.

I assume you are using the corresponding updated modutils package that
is compatible with 2.6 kernels. This new modutils package uses
/etc/modprobe.conf instead of the old /etc/modules.conf.

Since both files are almost compatible, you can safely copy the contents
of /etc/modules.conf to /etc/modprobe.conf.