Re: 2.4.22pre8 hangs too (Re: 2.4.21-jam1 solid hangs)

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 05:58:34 EST

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:13:13 +0300
Ville Herva <vherva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:30:27AM +0200, you [Stephan von Krawczynski]
> wrote:
> >
> > Hm, did you try a serial console? On my side this was a big step forward.
>
> Do you mean in your case nothing shown on monitor (I've disabled monitor
> blanking, so that is not it), sysrq key didn't work, nmi watchdog didn't
> trigger but you were still able to get output from serial console? An oops?

I often have X setups, so console output gets _somewhere_ in the background.

> Or, did you use kdb/kgdb in addition to serial console?

No.

> > What does your /proc/interrupts look like compared between 2.2 and 2.4 ?
>
> I don't have 2.2 output at hand, but the 2.4.21-jam1 output doesn't seem too
> suspicious:

You're right, it looks pretty clean and simple. Possibly the only thing I would
try is moving aic away from int 9 to int 10 or so. Int 9 sometimes interferes
with VGA int routing on broken boxes. But that is unlikely (though simple to
test).

Regards,
Stephan