Re: linux-2.2 future?

From: Marc-Christian Petersen
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 17:42:32 EST

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 17:03, Alan Cox wrote:

Hi Alan,

> The problem is that change breaks stuff. a lot of the 2.2 users will
> happily trade lack of LBA48 support for stability and predictability.
> Thats why I took a basically "if its not a serious bugfix its not going
> in" approach

Yeah, I agree with you. Anyway, I've never said I will integrate that IDE
stuff when I become the 2.2 maintainer :) ... I just said I'll think about it
;) ... I never ever want to break 2.2, and such an update will definitively
break things. 2.2 took a long time to become that stable like it is now and it
can be broke within minutes. A no-go!

For users who need/want/experiment with that stuff there is still my
2.2-secure tree.

Anyway, 2.2 needs the hashing exploit fix ASAP ;)

ciao, Marc