Re: reiser4 snapshot for August 26th.

From: Tupshin Harper
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 11:34:34 EST

Alex Zarochentsev wrote:

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 01:14:46PM -0600, Steven Cole wrote:

df: `/share_r4': Value too large for defined data type

I can't reproduce that. Do you see df errors each time you mount just created
reiser4 fs? Can you provide additional information about your system:
distro, libc which you used?

My hypothesysis is that libc statfs or df itself want to convert "free inodes"
result parameter which is __u64 to shorter data type. reiser4_statfs() sets
kstatfs->f_ffree to a large value which is close to 2^64.

This problem is 100% reproducible for me.

mkfs.reiser4
mount
df

immediately shows the problem.

Running Debian Sid, stock kernel 2.6.0-test4 + Aug 26 reiser4 snapshot, Athlon XP CPU, glibc-2.3.1.

-Tupshin