Re: 2.6.0-test4 and hardware reports a non fatal incident

From: Matt Gibson
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 13:52:02 EST

On Thursday 28 Aug 2003 16:46, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:48:44 +0200 Tomasz Czaus <tomasz_czaus@xxxxxx>
wrote:
> | Hello,
> |
> | when my system is booting I can see such a message:
> |
> | kernel: MCE: The hardware reports a non fatal, correctable incident
> | occurred on CPU 0.
> | kernel: Bank 0: e664000000000185

Yeah, I get one of those on boot, too. Or at least I did. I was going to
turn the processor checking stuff back on to see if it happened
consistently. What processor is it, Tomasz? Mine's an Athlon. Output of
"cat /proc/cpuinfo" at the end, if anyone's remotely interested...

> Use "parsemce" from here:
> http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/projects/parsemce/
> to decode it.
>
> So 2.6 has more/better/different processor error checking.

Thanks for the link, Randy, I'll give it a go tonight. Although with my
knowledge of current processor archictecture, I'm guessing it'll parse it
from one format I don't have a clue about into a more verbose format I don't
have a clue about ;-)

Cheers,

processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 6
model : 4
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping : 4
cpu MHz : 1195.130
cache size : 256 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips : 2367.48

--
"It's the small gaps between the rain that count,
and learning how to live amongst them."