Re: 2.4.22pre8 hangs too (Re: 2.4.21-jam1 solid hangs)

From: Ville Herva
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 14:12:22 EST

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 11:26:30AM +0200, you [Ingo Oeser] wrote:

> But heavy (disk) IO and misterious crashes sound like power problems,
> doesn't it?

Hmm. It doesn't crash, it locks up solid. (Well the aic7xxx driver sometimes
crashes (spits a huge log of errors, rather), but I'm still not sure if
that's related.)

The box only has two disks, 1.3GHz Celeron (~30W), and other lighter power
consumers. Not exactly a power hungry config. I'm not sure about the power
supply - I think it's a 250W one - I'll have to check.

Accoring to sensors, the voltages do not fluctuate much. Also, the
temperatures are moderate (34.0°C system, 41.0°C CPU).

Power problems are surely possible, but don't exactly sound like promising
lead to me.

-- v --

v@xxxxxx