Re: x86, ARM, PARISC, PPC, MIPS and Sparc folks please run this

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 11:30:07 EST

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> I'd appreciate if folks would run the program below on various
> machines, especially those whose caches aren't automatically coherent
> at the hardware level.

Are you also interested in m68k? ;-)

cassandra:/tmp# time ./test
Test separation: 4096 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 8192 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 16384 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 32768 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 65536 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 131072 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 262144 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 524288 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 1048576 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 2097152 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 4194304 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 8388608 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 16777216 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
VM page alias coherency test: failed; will use copy buffers instead

real 0m0.478s
user 0m0.110s
sys 0m0.190s
cassandra:/tmp# cat /proc/cpuinfo
CPU: 68040
MMU: 68040
FPU: 68040
Clocking: 24.8MHz
BogoMips: 16.53
Calibration: 82688 loops
cassandra:/tmp#

callisto$ time ./test
Test separation: 4096 bytes: pass
Test separation: 8192 bytes: pass
Test separation: 16384 bytes: pass
Test separation: 32768 bytes: pass
Test separation: 65536 bytes: pass
Test separation: 131072 bytes: pass
Test separation: 262144 bytes: pass
Test separation: 524288 bytes: pass
Test separation: 1048576 bytes: pass
Test separation: 2097152 bytes: pass
Test separation: 4194304 bytes: pass
Test separation: 8388608 bytes: pass
Test separation: 16777216 bytes: pass
VM page alias coherency test: all sizes passed

real 0m0.329s
user 0m0.270s
sys 0m0.050s
callisto$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu : 604r
clock : 200MHz
revision : 18.3 (pvr 0009 1203)
bogomips : 398.13
machine : CHRP IBM,LongTrail-2
memory bank 0 : 32 MB SDRAM
memory bank 1 : 32 MB SDRAM
memory bank 2 : 32 MB SDRAM
memory bank 3 : 32 MB SDRAM
board l2 : 512 KB Pipelined Synchronous (Write-Through)
callisto$

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds