Re: x86, ARM, PARISC, PPC, MIPS and Sparc folks please run this

From: Brian Jackson
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 11:35:00 EST

On Friday 29 August 2003 12:35 am, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'd appreciate if folks would run the program below on various
> machines, especially those whose caches aren't automatically coherent
> at the hardware level.

<snip>

Didn't see a 512k cache athlon-xp yet

skyline:/share/linux/projects/cachetest # sh go
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 6
model : 10
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+
stepping : 0
cpu MHz : 2088.111
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips : 4168.08

Test separation: 4096 bytes: FAIL - too slow
Test separation: 8192 bytes: FAIL - too slow
Test separation: 16384 bytes: FAIL - too slow
Test separation: 32768 bytes: pass
Test separation: 65536 bytes: pass
Test separation: 131072 bytes: pass
Test separation: 262144 bytes: pass
Test separation: 524288 bytes: pass
Test separation: 1048576 bytes: pass
Test separation: 2097152 bytes: pass
Test separation: 4194304 bytes: pass
Test separation: 8388608 bytes: pass
Test separation: 16777216 bytes: pass
VM page alias coherency test: minimum fast spacing: 32768 (8 pages)

real 0m0.110s
user 0m0.070s
sys 0m0.030s

--Brian Jackson