Re: libata update posted (was Re: VIA Serial ATA chipset)

From: Samuel Flory
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 13:17:29 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

Samuel Flory wrote:

Jeff Garzik wrote:

Changes:
* continue work towards fully async taskfile API: you call submit_tf(), and later on, your callback is called when the taskfile completes or times out. async taskfile API is required for ATAPI and supporting more advanced host controllers like Promise or AHCI (SATA2).
* some cleanups

I'm guessing there is no support for Promise yet?

Not yet. Once I finish the item mentioned above, "async taskfile API", Promise support will appear quite rapidly.

PS- The driver works great on the silcon image chipset. (Once I realized that my Seagate drive needed newer firmware.)

Um... libata doesn't support Silicon Image yet?

The Intel PIIX/ICH support in the ac kernel seems to work on all my onboard Silicon Image controllers. I think that's only your ata-scsi work, however.

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)