First impressions of reiserfs4

From: Erik Hensema
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 06:35:15 EST

Currently I'm testing reiserfs4 on my otherwise vanilla 2.6.0-test4
machine.

At first I tried building reiser4 as a module. The kernel failed to link
due to an unresolved symbol: sys_reiser4
I tried commenting sys_reiser4 out from entry.S. Now the kernel linked
fine.

However, I can't insert the module due to unexported symbols:

reiser4: Unknown symbol balance_dirty_pages
reiser4: Unknown symbol max_sane_readahead
reiser4: Unknown symbol generic_sync_sb_inodes
reiser4: Unknown symbol truncate_mapping_pages_range
reiser4: Unknown symbol wakeup_kswapd
reiser4: Unknown symbol balance_dirty_pages_ratelimited
reiser4: Unknown symbol inodes_stat
reiser4: Unknown symbol nr_free_pagecache_pages
reiser4: Unknown symbol destroy_inode

So, I tried linking reiser4 directly into the kernel. No problems there.

As we speak I'm building Mozilla Firebird from source of a 20 GB reiser4
partition. If something interesting comes up, this list will be the first
to know :-)

I've currently got only one small problem: df can't handle the data from
the kernel it seems. I also got this problem on NFS mounted partitions:

df: `/reiser4': Value too large for defined data type
df: `/home': Value too large for defined data type

--
Erik Hensema <erik@xxxxxxxxxxx>