Re: 2.6.0-test4 and hardware reports a non fatal incident

From: Dave Jones
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 08:53:55 EST

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 02:48:30PM +0100, Matt Gibson wrote:
> On Saturday 30 Aug 2003 14:35, you wrote:
> > When it was i=0 people were seeing false positives. Starting from 1
> > reduces that.
> Cool. Can you point me towards any background-reading on MCE? This's got me
> interested.

not sure if any of the public amd docs have info on the mce registers,
but the stuff in the intel system archicture manuals on
developer.intel.com is largely relevant.

> Rather ironically, since I changed my kernel back to starting from 0, I
> haven't seen any errors.

coincidence. By enabling more error checking you're seeing less doesn't
really make sense.

Dave

--
Dave Jones http://www.codemonkey.org.uk