Re: Re: Re: IDE DMA breakage w/ 2.4.21+ and 2.6.0-test4(-mm4)

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 16:23:16 EST

On Sul, 2003-08-31 at 21:06, Petr Baudis wrote:
> I did few more experiments, and one strange thing is that /proc/dma does not
> change when turning using_dma on thru hdparm:

IDE DMA is PCI not ISA. It appears your mainboard is dying when both ISA
and PCI DMA occur together. If so you'd want to drop the ESS audiodrive
into PIO mode assuming ALSA supports it (OSS doesnt although I've got
the docs if you care that much).

Can you do another test here - write to a floppy disk while doing IDE
DMA and see if it also hangs.

> (By the way, there are two 'capacity' entries in /proc/ide/ide*/hd*/.)

Curious 8)