Re: Andrea VM changes

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 17:47:53 EST

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 02:34:01PM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> [...]

correct. But it's not a bad thing. How can you know it's better to kill
the hog instead of the well behaved app? if the the hog is allocating at
slow pace, the admin will simply have to kill it if it grown too big. In
terms of omm-killing an hog allocating at slow peace, is no different
from a malloc(1G);bzero(1G);pause(); that leaves 1k free only.
eventually the hog will be killed too if needed.

Andrea