Re: bandwidth for bkbits.net (good news)

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 19:22:49 EST

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 05:09:08PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 01:39:56AM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> > At first Larry wasn't talking about incoming bursts: "We do VOIP phones
> > and when you guys clone a repo our phones don't work".
>
> Hey, let me make something clear in case it isn't. This isn't your problem,
> you have every right to clone away as fast as you want.

I forgot to add that once we have this sorted out we'll do two other things
that you'll like:

a) give you BK URL's that don't change (the current URL's are unstable, they
are based on revisions and revision numbers are unstable)
b) make every changeset (or range of changesets) be something you can grab
as a regular diff -Nur style patch. So all the BK users can post to the
kernel list and include a URL that you all can wget and there is the
patch. No need to use BK at all unless you want to, the data is right
there as a patch.

All I'm trying to do is to underscore the point that none of you should "be
nice" and not beat up on bkbits.net. It's a service, we get at least some
benefit from you using the service so bang on it all you want. We'll solve
the bandwidth problems.
--
---