Re: pl2303 + uhci oops

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 12:32:22 EST

On Mon, 2003-09-01 18:27:50 +0200, biker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <biker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <200309011827.50331.biker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > Using a pl2303-based usb->serial adaptor with the uhci driver always ends
> > > with a oops.
>
> > Use 2.6.0-testX - it's fixed there:) I'm successfully using a GPS
> > receiver based on a pl2303. This one if from www.lact.de (ebay'ed).
>
> This is good, but since 99% of the people is still using 2.4.x, it would be
> nice if it was fixed there too... ^_^
> BTW, I'm very willing to help by providing any additional information that
> might be useful to solve the problem.

Well, it seems to be a common problem to serial USB devices - if they
send data right after you close(), you oops... However, I'm no longer
looking into 2.4.x. 2.6.x works almost perfectly for me (I'll need to
work out some patches for better i386 support), but 2.6.x basically _is_
more painfree than 2.4.x ATM and IMHO. At least, for my configurations.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg