Re: mutt segfault with ext3 & 1k blocks & htree in 2.6

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 15:28:14 EST

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 04:44:48PM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2003 16:58 -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > But how do I re-enable htree on the directories (besides an fsck -D) in a
> > live system?
>
> You need to re-enable the dir_index feature, and then for directories which
> are larger than a block in size you need something like:
>
> mkdir new_dir
> mv old_dir/* new_dir
> rmdir old_dir
> mv new_dir old_dir
>
> The new directory will have htree enabled because it started out at 1 block
> in size.

Ok I ended up doing this after a little thought. Thanks.

But I am seeing segfaults in mutt under 2.6 ext3 with 1k blocks, that I
don't see in 2.4, and didn't see under reiserfs. I can try with 4k blocks,
if you'd like, is there anything I can do to capture more information that
could be happening to cause this?

And now mutt is segfaulting on non-htree directories too.