Re: Compiling latest 2.6 bk snapshot on Alpha

From: Marc Zyngier
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 09:46:27 EST

>>>>> "Mathieu" == Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer <mchouque@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Mathieu> I've been hitting the same error every time I try to compile
Mathieu> bk current on alpha, namely the linker can't do its job on
Mathieu> .tmp_vmlinux1. My compiler is "gcc version 3.2.3 (Debian)"
Mathieu> (but I also tried with 3.3 and 2.95), same problem.

Please check your binutils version. Here is the one I use, with great
success :

maz@panther:/mnt/i386/linux-2.5$ alpha-linux-ld --version
GNU ld version 2.13.90.0.18 20030121

M.
--
Places change, faces change. Life is so very strange.