Re: x86, ARM, PARISC, PPC, MIPS and Sparc folks please run this

From: Russell King
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 13:11:02 EST

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 08:41:34AM +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> > > Multiple *writable* mappings. Don't forget about libc et al.
> >
> > I mean in the same group of threads with the same struct mm, not the whole
> > system.
>
> Larry means that it's perfectly normal for libc to map the same file
> more than once: you have the code section and the data section.

Code is read-only, data is read-write and is copy on write. Therefore
its a different scenario.

Practical tests indicate that the vast majority of applications do not
trip the test.

You're right in theory, but I don't particularly care about theory when
its real life which matters.

--
Russell King (rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) The developer of ARM Linux