Re: nmi errors?

From: Robert L. Harris
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 16:35:25 EST

We ran "memtest" on the machine over the weekend and it completed 3
times without any problems. Know a better or different test?

Thus spake Richard B. Johnson (root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>

> > Can anyone tell me what this is?
> >
> > 16:00:09 mailserver kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 31.
> > 16:00:09 mailserver kernel: Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
> > 16:00:09 mailserver kernel: Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?
> > 16:00:34 mailserver kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 21.
> > 16:00:34 mailserver kernel: Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
> >
> > A coworker put a script on a server which loads up quite afew arrays
> > with pre-set values and then compares the values against arrays. As soon as he
> > kicked off the script I got alot of these in my log files. Not much longer and the
> > machine crashed hard.
> >

> Possible bad RAM.
>
> Cheers,
> Dick Johnson
> Penguin : Linux version 2.4.22 on an i686 machine (794.73 BogoMips).
> Note 96.31% of all statistics are fiction.

:wq!
Robert L. Harris | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
@ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.