Re: [NFS] attempt to use V1 mount protocol on V3 server

From: Pascal Schmidt
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 21:44:13 EST

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> It's being handed a bogus filehandle by the userland mount command
> (which gets it from mountd). When it sends the initial NFSv3 GETATTR
> call to the nfsd, and gets rejected, it just retries the same GETATTR
> call as an NFSv2 call.

Out of interest, how does this work? Not obvious to me since an NFSv3
filehandle is too big for an NFSv2 server.

> I'll check what's happening. AFAICS, the NFS layer should not really
> care, but it will pass some funny values back to the VFS, and this
> might be screwing something up...

Sounds likely, since basically the whole machine locked up and no
futher fs operations seemed to be happening. I haven't checked whether
2.4 also shows the problem - I just fixed it in my code and then it
obviously did not happen anymore.

I can test patches or also send you my code if you want to test
things yourself. It's also available online, UNFS3 project at
SourceForge, but that's of course a version with working FSSTAT.

--
Ciao,
Pascal