Re: x86, ARM, PARISC, PPC, MIPS and Sparc folks please run this

From: Nagendra Singh Tomar
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 23:12:04 EST

Jamie,
Just wondered if the store buffer is snooped in some
architectures. In that case I believe the OS need not do anything for
serialization (except for aliases, if they do not hit the same cache line).
In x86 store buffer is not snooped which leads to all these serialization
issues (other CPUs looking at stale value of data which is in the store
buffer of some other CPU).
Pl correct me if I have got anything wrong/

Thanx,
tomar