Re: nasm over gas?

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 09:36:50 EST

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Sean Neakums wrote:

> "Richard B. Johnson" <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > If you decide to use gcc as a preprocessor, you can't use comments,
> > NotGood(tm) because the "#" and some stuff after it gets "interpreted"
> > by cpp.
>
> Although one could use C-style comments in this scenario, yes?

Sure. Then it's not assembly. It's some polymorphic conglomeration
of crap ......... don't get me started. If you write in assembler,
please learn to use the assembler. Assembly is not 'C'.

Use the right tool for the right thing. Both are tools, the fact
that you can shovel with an axe does not make the axe a shovel.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.22 on an i686 machine (794.73 BogoMips).